Friday, June 10, 2011

Parenthood.

A few years ago, I would spend my time after work running, seeing friends, and generally participating in socially acceptable, somewhat cool activities.

Fine.  I attempted to knit and played Scrabble.  Maybe not totally cool.  But I wasn't covered in poop on any kind of a regular basis, so life has changed significantly.

Thursday I came home to my darling baby.  I hugged her to calm her grumpiness.  I gave her a bottle to calm her grumpiness.  She smiled.  She cooed.  She sat on my lap and we read stories.  When I began to stand up to change her diaper, I realized that I was somewhat... sticky.

Ellie was covered in poop.  My purple dress was covered in poop.  Ellie managed to poop through her clothes and through my clothes.  My mother-in-law helped by gingerly carrying little miss poopy-pants upstairs and setting her in the (empty) baby bathtub, fully clothed.  After I got rid of my own stinky dress, I stripped down the munchkin and filled the baby bath.

And she peed in it.

(Ha, ha, ha, I pooped on Mommy!)













Hello, parenthood.

(Love for munchkin.)













At least she's cute.














Have a wonderful weekend.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Nifty Little Miss button. I need to figure out how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic with her tongue out, so cute and funny! One time Waverly and I were both so covered in poop that I had to strip us both down to get in the tub. After we got out I still found poop...on her face. Amazing. I had no idea parenting would involved so much poop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parenting tip of the day from Auntie Missy: when they start pooping out the diaper, you likely need to move up a size in diapers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a doll! I love the picture where she's sticking out her tongue. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking time to let me know you stopped by. Hearing from my readers brings a smile to my face. If you ask a question, please leave me a way to get in touch so I can answer! Please note that I do not approve comments deemed advertisements. If you comment as Anonymous, please leave your name, and remember, use respectful words. No name calling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...