Tuesday, October 25, 2016

{31 for 21} Not a Darn Thing to do with Ellie.

I've struggled this October.  I have so little left to say about Down syndrome.  Yes, it's a huge part of our lives and a huge part of Ellie.  Ellie is a huge part of my life.  I love her.  Down syndrome is part of her.

But Down syndrome is hardly the focus of my life or hers.  It feels seasonal.  IEP meetings?  Oh, Down syndrome is huge.  Medical issues?  It's all I think about.

But getting ready for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas?  Not so much.

Here are some things on my mind WAY more than Down syndrome.

* Photography:  As many of you know, I launched Megan Landmeier Photography, LLC about a year and a half ago.  I've been so busy with fall family photos.

* Noonday Collection: I've been in love with Noonday Collection for a long time, and I finally became an Ambassador.  Locals, you can book a trunk show.  Locals and non-locals, you can shop online.  They do great fundraisers for adoptive families!

* Halloween:  Ellie has a walk for the homeless at school that day.  Does she wear a costume?  I must remember to ask her teacher.

* Daredevil baby:  Caroline thinks everything is a jungle gym or a balance beam.

* Christmas: What are we getting the girls?  What is Santa getting the girls?  What will we do when my mom visits?  What will I get for my dad?  What the heck will I get Matt?

Sometimes, Down syndrome takes a backseat.  And when it takes a backseat in October, you get blog posts like this!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to let me know you stopped by. Hearing from my readers brings a smile to my face. If you ask a question, please leave me a way to get in touch so I can answer! Please note that I do not approve comments deemed advertisements. If you comment as Anonymous, please leave your name, and remember, use respectful words. No name calling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...