Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Job: Stay-At-Home Mom

Some teachers get summer jobs.  My job this summer is to be Ellie's mom.  She's a pretty good boss.  She cries when I disobey her orders sometimes, but that's okay.

(I'm in charge here!)
















So far, with Ellie as my summer employer, I have:

* Coordinated her many appointments

* Run at the crack of dawn to run alone instead of taking her out in the heat (I'm still going at about a 10 minute pace for a hilly 2.3 mile route, but I am even slower with the stroller!)

* Taken evening walks to stop and smell the flowers

(OK, so they don't really have a scent.)
















* Switched over to Ellie's new 3-6 month wardrobe Except for pants.  She has a 3-6 month size torso.  She can still fit into newborn pants, though!  (Note: Wouldn't it be great if grown-ups got a new wardrobe every three months?) 

(From Grandma Sally)
















* Laughed a lot

* Cooked two actual dinners

(Cooked?  I mean, I made a salad.)
















* Planned a visit with Uncle Zach (my younger brother)

*Purchased a wall calendar in attempt to stay organized

(Ellie is a busy girl.  And I seem to have a flip-flop theme today.)
















* Read "Olivia," "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and our Elmo book

(Ellie + Elmo = Love.)
















* Worked on the following skills: head control, rolling over, grasping objects, transferring objects from one hand to another, general cuteness

(Grasping and holding.)























* Watched Ellie overachieve and multi-task with grabbing

(I know it's fuzzy, but she did this by herself!)

(Double-fisting)































I have the best summer job ever. 

P.S. Don't forget to enter the {Giveaway} this week!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha i love the tongue picture! so funny! she is an awesome boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally give her an A+ in general cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love her hair! And yes, I'd be pretty into a whole new wardrobe every 3 months!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking time to let me know you stopped by. Hearing from my readers brings a smile to my face. If you ask a question, please leave me a way to get in touch so I can answer! Please note that I do not approve comments deemed advertisements. If you comment as Anonymous, please leave your name, and remember, use respectful words. No name calling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...