Friday, April 1, 2011

Run, Eleanor, run! (And lots of other stuff)

The summer Matt and I started dating, I ran with a girl named Eleanor, who was staying with friends-of-friends for the summer.  Since then, much has changed for both of us.  She finished school and moved to Chicago, I started a new career, we both got married, and I had a baby.  Time flies.

I'm not even sure why Eleanor agreed to run with me in the first place.  I believe it had something to do with learning her way around the trails here, but I'm glad she decided to keep me company all summer, because she's pretty fantastic.  When she learned that little Ellie has Down syndrome, she got back in touch with me and requested permission from Matt and I to run the 2011 Chicago Marathon in honor of Ellie as a fundraiser for NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society).  We said yes.  (Actually, I started crying when I read her request.  I was overwhelmed by the love and support for our baby girl.)  What a great way to combine important things in our lives: Ellie, friends, running, Chicago, and NDSS.

We'll post a link to her fundraising page as soon as it's up and running.  Go Eleanor!

On a different note:

My wonderful husband agreed to watch a movie with me on Wednesday night, and he even agreed to let me pick the genre.  He is encouraging me to work on my Spanish.  I don't remember a ton from Spanish class other than "menos puntos!"  I told him I wanted to watch a "Comida Romantica."

That means I want to watch a romantic food.  We went with "A Lot Like Love" instead.  Ellie didn't seem too impressed.  She buried her head in the Snuggie and the couch and slept.  The photo isn't great, but you get the idea.  
(Two thumbs down.)



















I've been trying to learn more about my camera, but even when the rain stops, I am hoping for warmer temperatures and less wind before I drag Ellie outside with me.  At least it's warmer here than in upstate NY.


Despite spending most of the day inside, Ellie had a major first today - her first video chat.  She held court from the comfort of her swing, proving that she is a total diva. 

(Who are you lookin' at?)

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how wonderful that your friend is doing that! I'm so jealous about running. I always wished I could do that, but always feel too unfit to attempt it. When we were living by the zoo, with all those amazing trails, I tried it once or twice and didn't get more than a few blocks. LOL Pulled out my bike instead. But now...nothing. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking time to let me know you stopped by. Hearing from my readers brings a smile to my face. If you ask a question, please leave me a way to get in touch so I can answer! Please note that I do not approve comments deemed advertisements. If you comment as Anonymous, please leave your name, and remember, use respectful words. No name calling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...